Sunday 12 January 2014

Changes.

When a new year begins, it's a great time to make some changes. Whether it be something important like your job situation, where you live or even your general outlook on life; when January rolls around, what better time is there to change it up a little.

Now, before you think this is going to be a wonderful, positive thinking, inspirational blog post, you are a little mistaken. Because, dear readers, I'm going to write about my HAIR.

One of my changes this new year, is my hair colour. Now, men, you may not quite understand this, but you ladies out there certainly will; a change of hair colour is a big thing. Last April, I went from brunette to blonde. I liked it, it was fun and interesting, but there was a drawback. Yep, you guessed it: ROOTS. My hair grows like weeds (what a nice image) so even after two weeks, there would be a dark line ruining my barnet. So, this year I have returned to brunette. It's easier to manage and there are no pesky roots to speak of. However, it seems that (Italian) public opinion is somewhat divided. 'You looked better as a blonde!' 'Why have you changed?' 'You've ruined your whole life!' OK, the last one is made up, but you get the gist. Anyway, my point of writing (yes, there is a point...at least I'm sure there is...) is to emphasise the fact that Italians simply have a habit of TELLING THE TRUTH. If they don't like it, they'll say so. See here for a post that I wrote after having turned into a blonde. You will see some similarities. 

Anyway, here are a couple of  photos of me and my deliciously dark hair. You may think that I DID look better as a blonde, but personally? I prefer the dark side ;)

selfie.

not selfie.



OK, I know, that last one isn't of my hair but I just HAD to include it. Last night's indulgence: chocolate and pistachio cake. Erm, yes please.

Buona domenica!

No comments:

Post a Comment