Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!

A big happy new year to you all! I hope you had a great end to the year, and 2013 is already going well for you. I was treated to a pub lunch today, so my year has definitely got off to a great start! Here are a couple of snaps from the past few days here in the UK:

A quick coffee break before the boyfriend cooked a tasty lasagne for my parents and our friends
Delightful dinner party on the 30th
Tequila before midnight on the 31st with some friends
Two wonderful people with whom I had the pleasure of seeing in the new year
Me and my man  (possibly nursing headaches...ahem...) on the 1st of January. Start as you mean to  go on... :)
It's at this time that the inevitable New Year's resolutions come about. Personally, I try not to make them. Mainly because I know full well that, even though I may start well, I hardly ever follow through. Yes, I could say that I want to go to the gym a bit more, but I hate the gym, so that's just not going to happen. And eat less chocolate? Well, then I'd be plain miserable. And nobody wants to read miserable blog posts now do they? In fact, maybe I should be eating more of the stuff....

Saying that though, I do have a few hopes for 2013. Here are just a few of them:
  • Continue learning Italian. I need to figure out how to use conditionals at some point...
  • Perfect my lasagne. I'm learning, but it's not quite up to Italian standards (ie it's not as good as my boyfriend's version, and that just won't do)
  • Get a few more lovely blog followers (that one's down to you dear reader... :D)
  • Keep writing. And writing and writing. And just see what happens... ;)
  • Keep exploring beautiful Italy. 
What are some of your hopes for 2013? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ciao cara! Very glad you had such a lovely New Year. I need to tackle conditionals at some point too. I can recognize them when people speak, but I never seem to be able to use them when I speak. I hope you're more successful than I imagine I'll be in this challenge : s

    ReplyDelete