Wednesday 9 May 2012

Made In Italy...(e anche in italiano!)

A little while ago, me and the girls went all....well, girly, and decided to go to the opening of a new perfume/make up/expensive shiny things store that our friend works at. We got a glass of champagne, ate some free sweets, and marvelled at the BEAUTIFUL bags that were on offer. The Irish one got all flustered (slight bag addiction. And when I say slight, I mean HUGE) and couldn't stop touching the leather goodies that were placed so beautifully on the shelves. She almost bought one, but then went all sensible (it does happen sometimes, honestly) and decided against it.  Just when I thought she was coming down with something, she redeemed herself and bought some beautiful jewellery instead.

The shop itself looked like a boutique you would find in any big, 'fashionable' city. Right here in our little town, all sparkly and new. And what's more, our friend pointed out that pretty much everything in the store is Made in Italy. Those words are spoken around here like they are magic. They stand for absolute quality. Nothing fake, just pure Italian gorgeousness. I decided to support the Made in Italy brand. However, not by investing in a bright, beautiful bag (although I wanted one..SO much). Instead, I had to obey the limits of my budget, and therefore invested in some Pupa nail polish. My colours of the summer are going to be orange and yellow. Bright? Yes. Bold? Yes. Did I also mention they are Bright? Anyway, I had never bought Pupa before, but had heard good things about it, so I thought why not. And I can tell you now, it most definitely stands for quality. Why? Well, because I put it to the ultimate test. I put on two coats, and in my hurry to go and teach my lesson, forgot a clear top coat. Never mind, life goes on. I then spent two whole Cif filled hours cleaning my flat. Brushing and scrubbing and mopping. Only to notice, when I had finished, my nail polish was still in tact. 100%. Not a chip in sight. If that's not a sign of quality I don't know what is!


Have a look at the store's facebook page HERE :)

Poco tempo fa, io e la ragazze siamo diventate proprio 'femminili' e abbiamo deciso di andare ad una nuova profumeria dove lavora una nostra amica. Abbiamo preso un calice di champagne, mangiato le caramelle gratis e ammirato le borse bellissime che c'erano. La ragazza irlandese era eccitata (lei ha una grande dipendenza per le borse) e non poteva smettere di toccare le cose belle della pelletteria che erano state sistemate in modo meraviglioso in vetrina. Ha quasi comprato una, ma e' diventata ragionevole (succede ogni tanto!) e ha decisio di non prenderla. Ho pensato che era malata, ma invece, ha acquistato qualche bijioux bellissimo. 

Il negozio sembrava una boutique che si puo' trovare in ogni grande citta' alla moda. Qui, nella nostra piccola citta', ha aperto questo nuovo negozio scintillante. Inoltre, la nostra amica ha detto che quasi tutte le cose nel negozio sono 'Made in Italy'. Queste parole sono da queste parti in valore aggiunto e suonano come magiche. Significano qualita' assoluta. Niente fake, solo pura magnificenza italiana. Ho deciso che volevo supportare questo marchio 'Made in Italy'. Pero', non investendo in una borsa bella (ma volevo una...cosi' tanto..)perche' dovevo obbedire ai limiti del mio budget, e quindi ho comprato solo uno smalto della Pupa. I miei colori dell'estate saranno arancione e giallo. Luminoso? Si. Grassetto? Si. Ho accennato che sono luminosi?? Comunque, non avevo mai comprato prima qualcosa della Pupa, ma avevo sentito parlarne tanto, e quindi ho pensato: perche no? E posso dirvi ora, che significa la qualita'! Perche? Beh, perche' l'ho messo alla prova. Ho messo due strati di smalto, e, perche'dovevo sbrigarmi per insegnare, ho dimenticato uno strato superiore. Dopo, ho poi passato due ore di pulizia nel mio appartamento: spazzolare e lavare. Quando ho finito, ho notato che il mio smalto era ancora intatto al 100%. Se questo non e' un segno di qualita', non so cos'e'!

No comments:

Post a Comment