Saturday 12 May 2012

Pasta alla crudaiola..in other words..YUM.


The other day I decided that I wanted to prepare a quick and easy lunch for myself and the girls. I wanted to try something new and, yes, I was feeling rather lazy. The days are getting warmer now, so something cold sounded good. I chose this particular pasta because it really did sound so simple. It turned out pretty well, so I thought I would share the recipe. To make pasta alla crudaiola (and no, don't ask me to pronounce that correctly!) you will need the following:



First of all, chop the tomatoes and mozzarella into small pieces. It's up to you how much you use, but I used this much and it was sufficient for 3 people:


Put the tomatoes and mozzarella into a bowl, along with a nice glug of oil, a little salt, some basil (fresh is better but I used dried and it tasted just fine) and some oregano. Mix together with a big spoonful of fresh pesto. You don't need too much pesto otherwise the taste will overpower the tomatoes and mozzarella.

Add the pasta to some salted, boiling water and when cooked, drain and leave to cool. This is a cold or tepid dish, you don't want the pasta to be boiling hot. 

Then add the pasta to your tomato and pesto mixture, and mix well. And you're done!


I served mine with some fresh rocket. This pasta is perfect when the weather is a bit warmer but you still want something substantial. Buon appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment