Tuesday 29 May 2012

Too nice to throw away!

Wrapping paper is something I am never too sure about. After spending a fair amount of time wrapping things in it, it just gets chucked in the bin immediately after. At best, it's appreciated for about 30 seconds before the chucking away takes place. So maybe you simply don't use it? But then the gift is totally incomplete without it. Use sheets of newspaper instead, as to not spend money and have to worry about your nice paper being unappreciated? Well, then you just look cheap. Use a gift bag instead? Sure, but I always feel the need to wrap stuff before putting it in the bag anyway. 

So, when the boyfriend's birthday recently reared its head, after toying with the 'homemade' idea, I caved in, and traipsed to the shops to get some paper. Well, my luck was definitely in. What did I find? Something cheap AND interesting! Have a look at this lovely paper:





The paper with the Caravaggio images is my favourite. Never mind for wrapping gifts, I'd put this up on my wall! And in case you're wondering, no, the paper wasn't really appreciated. The gift is always going to be the most important part! But the paper did its job- without it, there wouldn't have been a surprise. And I don't know about you, but I love surprises. Besides, this lovely paper can now also be appreciated by everyone who reads this! That's good enough for me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment