Friday 1 June 2012

summer days...?!

The heat may have finally come to the south. It has been giving us little teasers since March, but it seems to have finally settled (she says, touching wood and crossing fingers and whatnot). I opened my balcony at about 9am to blue skies and a very pleasant temperature. It's now 2pm and I'm not going to lie, I have spent most of the morning sweating ever so slightly (long hair is a nightmare in hot weather) as the temperature has continued to rise. And it is said to be hot for most of the weekend. How nice! Especially seeing as this weekend we have a bank holiday. Three day weekend....yeeeeah! 

Now I don't know about you, but when the weather gets warmer, finding something cool and fresh to eat is essential. Nothing heavy, nothing too hot. It's at this time of the year when I finally get over my (fairly major) avoidance of fruit and embrace the pineapple, oranges and strawberries that are on offer. So today, I decided to pick up a big punnet of the latter, and prepare something sweet. Namely: Strawberries half coated in (Cadburys!) chocolate. Big fat YUM. 




It's my lucky adult class who get to eat these lovelies. One of them has a birthday and I think it's definitely cause for a strawberry themed celebration!

P.S..........I also recently tried strawberries in sugar and lemon juice. I was a bit sceptical at first because I'm not a huge fan of lemon, but they were delicious. You must try it!

1 comment:

  1. Try strawberries with balsamic vinegar too- a good quality one, if you haven't already. It has a similar effect as the lemon juice in that it draws all the sugar up. I love it!

    ReplyDelete