Tuesday 10 July 2012

al fresco dining...

One of the things I love about these gorgeous (if a little sweaty) Italian summers, is eating al fresco. Sitting outside in the evening heat, chatting with friends and eating fantastic food- what's not to like about that. On Friday night, myself, my boyfriend and another couple we know went to a charming little pizzeria/ristorante in the nearby town of Apricena. Set on a hill (which meant a lovely fresh breeze..aahh!) overlooking the town, Tenuta Grotta degli Ulivi  is a great place to eat outside, and a great place to eat in general!

For our antipasto we chose bruschetta and grilled vegetables, the latter of which were presented on a massive platter (they were so yummy that we finished them all!)



And then we chose pizza and a plate of mixed cured meat. We couldn't quite finish this course!!


Oh yes, the famous chip pizza. And it was fantastic!

A classic. It was so good that I'd already devoured a bit before I remembered to take a photo!
 We skipped on the dessert, even though the selection looked pretty good, and settled for baileys and limoncello (not together...obviously). It was a lovely evening and the food was delicious. I am enjoying Italian food more and more every day, and eating out needn't be a strain on the purse. We paid about 65 euros for 4 people. You really can't complain about that.

Watch out for more food and (simple!) recipes in the future! (And in the meantime, check out my other food posts under the 'food bits' tab. I challenge you not to be hungry after! :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment