Wednesday 9 January 2013

Pasta with Broccoli and Pancetta

What's your favourite vegetable? I love pretty much all of them. I've even stopped turning my nose up at Brussels sprouts. That's not to say I like them... they just don't repulse me like they used to. My personal favourites have to be parsnips, peas and broccoli.

One of our local pizza places does an amazing broccoli pizza. Honestly, it's to die for. Not long ago, when I walked in and spotted it, I literally squeaked with joy. It isn't one of the regular pizza toppings on offer, so I was really rather excited. The guy in front of me took all but one piece of it, and I may or may not have muttered a few choice words under my breath, as I saw that my beloved broccoli pizza was under threat. Luckily, that next piece found its way to my stomach, so I was one happy girl.

The boyfriend then mentioned that he could 'throw together' a nice broccoli pasta for me, it would be 'no trouble at all'. He kept his promise, and a few days later, he wowed me with this tasty creation:

 
Now, some of you may not find this pasta dish very aesthetically pleasing. I, on the other hand, think it looks delish. And it's oh so simple to make.

Cook some broccoli in boiling water until it's about three quarters done. Meanwhile, fry some olive oil, pancetta and garlic in a pan. Add your broccoli to the pan too, and cook it until it resembles a kind of puree, like you can see in the photos above. Mix in a sprinkling of Parmesan, don't forget to add some salt, and then serve!

It really is very tasty indeed. Give it a go!



1 comment:

  1. no no no...you don't put anything other than salsa di pomodoro ... mozzarella ... e magari peperoni....non of that green stuff !!!..good evening how are you....

    ReplyDelete