Wednesday 17 April 2013

Fancy a jog?

I read recently that Italians live longer than Brits do. It's an actual fact. Aside from the healthy Mediterranean diet, which includes lots of olive oil, fresh vegetables and fish, Italians tend to stay pretty active, even when they reach their seventies and eighties. In fact, in my town the evening passeggiata is mostly made up of the over 70s!

The Italians' active lifestyle became even more apparent to me this morning, as I decided to go out for a run. I say run...it was a mixture of jogging, walking and panting. Anyway, as I was shuffling around in the park, listening to my music and enjoying the sunshine, I was literally OVERTAKEN by a man of about 70. Just a normal, small town, southern Italian bloke. Aside from feeling rather embarrassed at being overtaken by someone more than twice my age, I was also pretty damn impressed.


So that's the (no brainer) key to a longer life folks: Mediterranean diet and regular exercise. I should write a book....!

Hope you all have a great day! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment