Sunday 2 September 2012

The Sicily Chronicles (part uno)

Well, I officially have an incredibly sore bum.

Driving to Sicily from Puglia is a long way. Although I shouldn't really be complaining too much because I wasn't the one who had to do all the driving. (I am yet to be trusted with a car that's driven on the 'other side').

Anyway. All I can say, is that Sicily is incredible. 

We stayed in a lovely place, ate (lots of) delicious food and saw some absolutely stunning scenery. I took way too many photos, but every time I saw something amazing, I just had to get the camera out.

Now, if you're like me, lots of heavy text can get a bit dull. I quickly lose interest and wander off in search of coffee/gelato/something to do with shopping. So, I'll let the photos do the talking. I'll just add in some *witty* comments and essential Sicily info every now and then.

Let me show you where we stayed...



This fantastic place is called Cala dell'Arena. It's a little village of self catering cottages right between the mountains and the sea, and it's just so pretty


There's also a b&b, but we went for the self catering option. Our little house was just perfect, and we indulged in lots of sweet treats whilst sat out on the terrace.








The swimming pool is clean, not too cold and nestled in a perfect position to gaze up at all the gorgeous scenery around you. The beach isn't too far away, and there are plenty of towns nearby as well as San Vito Lo Capo, with it's beautiful beaches and numerous sea food restaurants.

Having a car here was essential. The only place you could comfortably get to without one was the beach. Luckily they have a very decent sized car park on site.

If you want to find out more, have a look at this link. It really is a fantastic, chilled out place to use as a base for exploring the area around Trapani.



(Yes, we may have made a little friend too...)

No comments:

Post a Comment